All ShopSnap stores have a temporary URL. This URL is randomly generated and looks something like: http://jgfkjtfkjg.shopsnapstores.com.
You can add a custom domain or a sub domain to your store by adding an A record to the Zone file hosted by your domain registrar.
For example: If you registered your domain with GoDaddy, login to your GoDaddy Admin Panel and follow these directions to access the DNS Manager:
- Click Add Record.
- From the Record type list, select A (Host).
- Complete the following fields:
- Host Name — Enter the host name the A record links to. Type @ to point the record directly to your domain name, including the www. Points to
- IP Address — Enter the IP address your domain name uses for this host record.
- TTL — Select how long the server should cache the information.
- Click OK, then click Save Zone File. The new A record displays in the A (Host) section.
To find out what IP address your store uses, please contact our support.